Get ready for our 14th Season
at the 2013 Handel Week Festival!
This year's performances include:
The Grand Handel - Orchestra Alive and the HARP is back -
Concerti Grossi Opus 3!
Sunday, February 17, 2013, 3:00 PM
- Concerto Grosso Opus 3, number 1 in Bb major HWV 312
- Concerto Grosso Opus 3, number 5 in d minor HWV 316
- Organ concerto Opus 7, number 2 in A major HWV 307 [played with harp soloist]
- Concerto Grosso, Opus 3, number 3 in G major HWV 314
"A Mezzo Soprano in Love and Life! The Intimate Handel -- Music for Soprano, Recorder & Basso Continuo", Saturday, February 23, 2013, 7:30 PM
- La solitudine: ‘L’aure grate’ HWV 121b in Burrows collection
- Sonata in Bb HWV 377 for recorder and BC
- Lungi n’anḍ Fileno HWV 128b in Burrows collection
- Nel dolce tempo HWV 135b in Burrows collection
- Sonata in e minor HWV 379 for flute and BC
- Stanco di più soffrire HWV 167a in Burrows collection
The Oratorio Theodora HWV 68, Sunday, March 3, 2013, 3:00 PM
Our festival concerts feature:
- Music in one of the most acoustically perfect venues in the area
- Free pre-concert lectures and post-concert receptions with the artists
- Free lighted parking in adjacent lot
- Free admission for children & teens between the ages of 8-18
This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency, and the Pinnell Foundation.
Please support our sponsor:
Messiah Excerpt from Handel Week.
Handel Week 2008 - Anthem for the Coronation of Queen Caroline
Handel Week 2008 - Acis And Galatea, The flocks shall leave the mountains
Handel Week 2008 - Chamber concert
Kristin Tomecek is a junior at Riverside Brookfield High School. She has studied voice with Mrs. Erin Matonte for three years, and currently sings in the soprano section of RBs Madrigal Choir under the direction of Mrs. Diane Marellli. Kristin has sung with school choirs since fourth grade, has participated in IMEA (Illinois Music Education Association) and in 2012, she was the first place winner in her division in the Chicago Chapter of NATS (National Association of Teachers of Singing) Classical Competition. She has participated in many school musicals including the role of Marian Paroo in the Music Man. In addition to her singing experience, Kristin has played violin since first grade and has been a member of the West Suburban Youth Orchestra for six years. She also is a member of the RB tennis team and enjoys volunteering for a number of organizations including the Riverside Public Library, Chicago Food Depository and Misericordia.
Born in Costa Rica and resident of Dundee IL, Nick Foulk Voegeli (17) is a senior at The Chicago Academy for the Arts, in Chicago Illinois. He has been studying classical voice since his freshman year. He has competed and placed in multiple vocal competitions including IMEA, The Elgin Opera Competition, and NATS. He is also a member of the Grace Episcopal Church Madrigal Choir as well as the St. James Episcopal Church Choir. Besides singing, Nick plays piano, studies composition and film scoring, and records original songs. He plans to study classical voice performance next year.