Season 2018 - OUR 19th SEASON!
Save these dates, full description here:
The Handel Week Festival 2018 Concerts
Concert I: Sunday, 11 February 2018, 3:00 p.m.
The Grand Handel Orchestra Alive!
WATER MUSIC — COMPLETE! (HWV 348, 349, 350)
And the Gloria of Handel!
Concert II: Saturday, 24 February 2018, 7:30 p.m.
Music for Soprano, Two Violins, and Basso Continuo
Concert III: Sunday, 4 March 2018, 3:00 p.m.
TWO EXQUISITE MINIATURES! TWO TITANS SIDE BY SIDE!
Handel and Bach share the same stage!
HWV 69 The Choice of Hercules (1750)
BWV 243 The Magnificat of Johann Sebastian Bach
Our festival concerts feature:
- Music in one of the most acoustically perfect venues in the area
- For Concerts I and III: Pre-concert lectures beginning @ 2:15 pm and post-concert receptions with the artists
- Concert II is cabaret-style concert: Intimate tables with refreshments. Artists provide commentary on performance
- Free lighted parking in adjacent lot. Parking is also available in the indoor garage to the west of Grace Church;
the entrance is on Forest Avenue.
- Free admission for children & teens between the ages of 8-18
This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency, and the Pinnell Foundation.
Please support our sponsor:
Handel Week 2008 - Anthem for the Coronation of Queen Caroline
Handel Week 2008 - Acis And Galatea, The flocks shall leave the mountains
Handel Week 2008 - Chamber concert