Sunday, 26 February, 2023 @ 3:00 pmSing and Play in Dulcet Tone: The Intimate Handel
The Mezzo Soprano in Love and Life along with Handel's Harpsichord works and a sonata for Recorder and Basso continuo!
- H.W.V. 151 Qualor crudele
- H.W.V. 109a Dolc'è pur d'amor l'affano
- H.W.V. 91a Clori, degli occhi miei
- H.W.V. 365 Sonata in C major for Recorder and Basso Continuo
- And a two magnificent Harpsichord works played by Charlie Carpenter Handel Suite in D Minor HWV 437, and the Chaconne in F Major H.W.V. 184.
As we continue to unlock the treasure chest that is the secular solo cantatas of Handel, join us as golden-throated Amy Anderson de Jong delights us with three of his distinctive cantatas of love and longing. Pair this with some fiendishly difficult harpsichord work by Handel Week family favorite Charlie Carpenter namely the Handel Suite in D Minor HWV 437, and the Chaconne in F Major H.W.V. 184, and a rarely heard sonata for Recorder and Basso Continuo and you have a Sunday afternoon of chamber bliss! Our expert continuo players, Artistic Director Dennis Northway on harpsichord and virtuoso 'Cellist Steven Houser join forces to accompany a great voice and an expert recorder player!